- Approximately one in eight Iraqis are displaced today
- Around 2 million Iraqi refugees in neighboring countries
- Nearly 1 million people displaced within Iraq since 3/03
- 727,000 Iraqis estimated displaced in the past year
- 40,000 to 50,000 Iraqis flee their homes each month
[W]e need to look at what each death means to the remaining family members or to the minority communities from which they originated. How many single mothers have been left behind? How many orphans? How many wounded, sick or elderly are now completely destitute?